My name is Curt Kennedy, I am an amateur blogger, but a fantasy expert. I have competed in many fantasy leagues, finishing in the top 3 in almost all of them. My specialty is fantasy baseball, but I am improving in fantasy football as well. In my three fantasy baseball leagues last year, I had 2 first place and a second place finish. You don't have to agree with my ideas, but read and post your own comments, I would love to hear them.

Monday, January 19, 2009

Huston Street Signs with the Rockies

The Colorado Rockies have signed right-handed reliever Huston Street to a one-year, $4.5 million contract to avoid arbitration.

Street was acquired by the Rockies in November in the deal that sent Matt Holliday to Oakland. Street is expected to compete with Manny Corpas for the closer's job in spring training. Sure that is the word on the street, wow bad pun, but no way he loses that one. I expect Street to have a great year this year, finally becoming the consistent closer that he was drafted out of UT to be.

I think he is a great lower round closer to take with an incredibly high ceiling. Street is a sinker baller, and those have historically done very well closing. in Colorado. He is one of my favorite late round closers this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Add to Technorati Favorites Sports Business Directory - BTS Local